Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Its Complicated.......or is it?!!!

Its Complicated: I'm sure we've all heard this following the question "Are you in a relationship," heck some of us might have even given this as a response. "Its Complicated" is also a big hit on a very small subtle social website by the name of Facebook that you may or may not have heard of. However, what exactly does complicated mean. Well we know it doesn't mean your single so it has to mean in a relationship right. So why don't people just say in a relationship. You know why, I'll tell you why, because they are trying to create a grey area. Remember the oh so popular "we're on a break" and how no one ever really knew what that was and how to define it. It was different for every relationship.

Truth is none of its complicated, the only thing thats complicated is the communication. The communication is only complicated because of the honesty. Honesty isn't just hard to hear its hard to tell but I'm not even going to go this route cause thats a completely different blog. So back to "Its Complicated" which is basically I'm in a relationship but its not going the way I want so I'm open to taking numbers if it can be discreet.

Call me old school but I don't do gray areas and as old folks would say "either it is or it ain't, ain't no in between." People try to hard and sure maybe I should sugar coat this and water it down but for what, thats the problem now. Everyone is talking in riddles so that when confronted they can twist and contrive it to be whatever they want. The whole no harm no foul and its your fault that you didn't understand something that you were never suppose to understand anyway, is the way of the world today.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no prude and I enjoy a great debate like anyone but at some point a line needs to be drawn because this is how people get hurt. These new generations are more and more out of control with their emotions and at the end of the day its not worth it. People need to stop being so selfish and let go because the possibilities are endless in this sea of fish (if you know what I mean).

So the next time somebody say "Its Complicated" just say, "basically your in a relationship that your not trying to leave but you want to have some fun on the side" and see the response you get.....
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Interesting: Cause you hit it right on the nose...
    Funny:Cause its so true...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, and there is a part 2 to this. SMH, the way of the dating world today LOL

    ReplyDelete