Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The warm blanket of mediocrity.....

I have a good friend who loathes mediocrity. As a matter of fact I think she's down right terrified of it. Personally I can't blame her. When you grow up in a city or neighborhood where everyone thinks just getting by is just enough in life you might be afraid of it too. However, this isn't about to be a blog post bashing "the little or less fortunate" people. I don't think everyone who is mediocre always wanted to be. At the same rate not everyone is meant to be a star cause somebody has to clean the toilet. Who am I too judge?!! Nobody!!!

First of all there are plenty of people who are perfectly happy with being mediocre because its less responsibility. Then there are those who just want the easy route in life because they are lazy or have lack of patience or both. Of course some people can't help their disabilities rather it be physical or mental. I personally have a slight case of Atychiphobia (fear of failure) which tends to hinder you from wanting to try due to the possibility of falling flat on your face. The catch 22 is, the same reason I'm scared is the very same thing that pushes me past my fear...my kids. Because of my little men, losing a little is still losing too much but at the same time I refuse to live my life not trying because they deserve nothing but the best period. Not to mention I am their mentor and example of life and living. No excuses, just do it!!!

If your not successful what is your mediocre excuse? More importantly, what are you going to do about it?!!!
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Being mediocre isn't the opposite of "being a star." Being mediocre is simply not living up to your potential...whatever that potential may be-from billionaire to most efficient trash man. And there's never a cause for that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, success doesn't mean celebrity. However it doesn't mean living off of government money either lol

    ReplyDelete